Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Party Time!

Saturday was Harlen's first birthday celebration! Along with celebrating her first birthday, Harlen was also dedicated by Pastor David Hood. She was surrounded by friends and family (minus Grandma who got super sick Friday night and couldn't make it :( )who loved her very much and wanted to make her day extra special. I didn't take one picture during the day (guess I was a little busy), so these were all pictures my dad or friends were able to take. Hopefully, I can track down a few more pictures that others might have taken! 
Harlen loved her day, even though she was pretty sleepy during most of it (our day started early getting everything setup), she had a great time and enjoyed seeing all of her baby friends. H was showered with toys, books, and some wonderful Fall clothes! She took a nap when she got home (for 3 hours!) and when she woke up we sat and went through all of her presents and she played with every.last.one of them. I am getting her new clothes washed as I type. Can't wait for her to wear her new cute outfits. 
Thanks to everyone who came and made Harlen's day special. We appreciate everyone for coming and celebrating our sweet girl. Extra thank-you's to my dad, Jess, and Suzanne Holt for helping me immensely. Don't know what I would have done with out those three, since my mom got so sick last minute. They helped ice cupcakes, make coffee, set-up, blow-up balloons, clean up and so much more. Thank you!!
Happy birthday Harlen Violet! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating with your friends and everyone who loves you! We love you so much and can't believe it's over already! Tuesday we are having a family dinner and this little girl is going to eat some cake! We saved some presents that Garrett and I got her for her to open on her real birthday. I think that will be more "her style" and a little more low-key, but it sure was fun having this party to celebrate the big #1!! 


Aunt Jess!

David reading Harlen's dedication. Harlen did pretty good during it because there were balloons behind her. :)

Everybody watching her special moment.


Praying for little Miss HVP.

David tried to hold her, but it was one of her "mommy only" days.
Food table and cupcake cones! Yum. We had quiche, fruit, banana bread, kolaches, chicken salad sandwiches (thanks Suzanne!) and of course the birthday treat- cupcake cones!


Playing, playing




Party favor bags

H's birthday wish tree!

Present time!


She only helped open a couple. She's not the fastest un-wrapper. We would have been there allll day!

Yay! A toy!


We had a few special helpers!

After her party, daddy took her home to have a MUCH needed nap and I stayed to clean up. When she woke up, she got a cupcake cone for lunch (umm... it is her party day).
Yummy. She loved it!

The balloons have to be in whatever room Harlen is in. I think these were her favorite part of the party. She points and points and points at these for me to bring closer to her allll day. :)
Then, she got to go through some of her presents. Man, those things were hard to cut the plastic off of and find where all the batteries go. She had fun though!

Thank you, thank you for all the presents everybody!

After another nap and some more playing we took her to the Plano Balloon Festival to finish the great day off with watching the balloon glow. It was so pretty. Harlen loved all the noise, music and the glow of the balloons. The three of us sat on a blanket at the top of the hill, ate a picnic dinner and watched it all. What a great end to a great day! 



Now, time to do it all over again Tuesday for the "real" thing! After Tuesday, no more baby, she will be a toddler. What????

No comments:

Post a Comment