Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

To The Doctor We Went...

Today, HVP had her 9 month check up. She's a healthy 21lbs. and 11 ounces. (90th percentile) And a whole 29 1/2 inches long (95th percentile). Can you tell she might have her daddy's genes? 

No shots for us and she even got out of the finger prick because the lab technician wasn't there. You wouldn't have known there wasn't any torture going on in our exam room though, because she pretty much freaked out anytime she was touched by the doctor. Geez. She's is growing and developing right on track. We do think that she might have a milk allergy, however. Yesterday she had a bad allergic reaction when she tried baby yogurt for the first time. So Dr. Daniel said no milk until she sees an allergist at 12 months to determine if it's a true allergy. Hope not! We are big milk drinkers! Can't believe I booked her 1 year check up today... seems like I was just booking obgyn appointments a week ago to listen to her heartbeat. 
 Have I mentioned that Harlen has a hemangioma on her chest? It has been there since she was about 1 month old. It's a birth mark that looks like a bruise. It has gotten progressively bigger and when she's about 2 it will start getting smaller and fade away eventually. It's a pretty big bump, but the doctor said that where she has it is a good place because it doesn't really effect anything. I'm used to it, but I forget it looks like a nasty bruise to other people!
Her favorite part about the doctor, is sitting on this paper and rubbing her feet on it to make the crinkle sound. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment