Harlen has this toy she got for Christmas... Her name is Violet...
It's very popular. We HAD to have one. There is a boy version named Scout. They are made by Leap Frog and are supposed to be educational toys, of course. She sings, talks, let's you program in your child's favorite color, animal, and foods, then incorporates them in a song. The big thing it can do is spell, sing, and say your child's name. Right? WRONG! It can spell, sing, and say MOST childrens' names! Apparently, if your precious baby's name is not so popular Violet does not compute. They had MANY names I could choose from. Such as the ever popular Harleen and Harlana. (Seriously? WTH?) NO Harlen. Nope. Not even on the boy's names list. So now, when it comes to the part where Violet sings and spells your child's name, Harlen's toy says, "Let's sing a song about you, VIOLET." (I had to choose another name and it just so happens the dog shares the same name as H's middle name). Then, it proceeds to sing a song spelling Violet H-A-R-L-E-N. My, oh my, our child is going to be so confused. I love our sweet little girl's name. It's unique. It's special. It's hers. It's perfect.
Sorry baby girl. Don't think you will ever find your name on a key chain, water bottle, or pencil. But neither did your mom :). So enjoy your unique name! I'll just keep singing over the darn dog as she says your name is Violet.
(What's even funnier is that the dog says "Violet" like it's a question, so I always want to reply "NO!". Harlen couldn't care less. She loves the stupid dog. :)
This weekend Harlen has her first trip to the Galleria. Big day in a diva's life! My first trip to the Galleria is on freaking videotape! She did so good. We didn't do to much shopping, but she enjoyed herself. We will for sure be back!
We have also been practicing our tummy time because you know this lazy lion still doesn't roll over?! She has no interest either. Oh well, I know she will do it on her own time, but we are still going to practice!
Sometimes she is interested... sometimes not...






Noah has Scout. That dog cracks me up!
ReplyDelete