Well baby girl, somehow 8 months have flown by. As you turned 8 months last week, I noticed so many new things that you are doing. I woke up Friday morning and even though you were still sick, you were a different baby. Doing things that weren't very "baby". I love seeing the new things that you can do, but this makes me sad at the very same time.
You are "talking" so much! The sounds you make are ever evolving and are beginning to sound like little chunks of soon-to-be words. You are working on giving high-fives! You are working on reaching for mom and dad when you want to be picked up. You are {this} close to crawling. You can army crawl backwards.
At 8 months old you are wearing 12-18 month clothes. Size 4 diapers. Still in size 2 shoes. Eating level 2 baby food. And, reluctantly, I think I am going to add in lunch this week for you. You have been eating "puffs" and "mum-mums" for almost 2 months now. I think you might be ready for teething biscuits because you love to chomp on things.
This last week you were soooooo sick.
| Where you slept the whole time you were sick, per daddy's request. Right in the middle of mom and dad's bed. |
What started out being a terrible tummy virus, quickly turned into the flu. For 2 days you wouldn't eat or drink. This is CRAZY. Mom really knew you were sick because even when you had RSV, you were eating great. After 2 doctor visits, throw up on every.single.thing., tons of Pedialyte, mommy doing a lot of pumping (because you weren't eating), Tylenol around the clock, hot baths, Vicks Baby Rub, tummy rubs and so much more... you are doing so much better. Bad news is... mommy got sick over the weekend and today, daddy is now expierencing this lovely virus that you so kindly shared with us. If you can get through it, so will we! I knew I was going to end up sick because for days you would just lay in my arms and moan and stare into my eyes. The only thing that would make you calm down and relax a little bit was having your face buried in mine. So we were sharing plenty of germs. It was all worth it though. I would have gladly been sick for you sweet thing.
We did manage an outing on Saturday to the Arboretum with daddy. It was a quick trip though, because about an hour into our outing, mommy realized that she wasn't feeling too hot. It was fun though! You and I definately had cabin fever after being in the house all week.
Love you baby H. I know it sounds crazy, but I loved this week with you, sick and all. Because it was filled with staring at you at all hours of the night, holding you ALL day long, rubbing your back, never leaving your side, rocking you in our big, nice, new rocking chair, and snuggling and more snuggling. Who wouldn't love a week like that? Ok, so the throw up in my hair, on my clothes, down my legs, on my neck, and everywhere else wasn't as much fun, but I still enjoyed every minute with you.
Love you H babe... Happy 8 months!







No comments:
Post a Comment