Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fun With The Ones You Love

Recap of this weekend...
Friday H got to spend quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. According to gma and gpa they sang, played, danced, ate and H even got a fun sink bath (which hasn't happened since she was about 2 months old). I hear they had f.u.n. Proof is in this video I got while Garrett and I were out.
So, where were the mommy and daddy? We went out to celebrate a great friend's birthday at the Cheesecake Factory. It was actually a surprise dinner that her hubby and I had been secretly planning for a couple weeks. She thought she was just going on a little double-date with Garrett and I, but SURPRISE Dana! It was lots of fun celebrating with her. Dana, I think you have the only pic that was taken that night. :)

Saturday, Gma made Thanksgiving dinner (for lunch) for all of us. Just because it's that good. So why not? Yum. 
After, Garrett and H spent most of the day together while I worked in the bookstore with gma. (We are having our big summer sale right now. Lots to be done.) They played and napped then came and scooped me up from church. We headed straight to the Frisco Rough Riders game. H's first sporting event. Daddy was so happy and Harlen had a blast. We had pretty good seats (Thanks to Garrett's company.) so she got to see everything up close. I think her favorite things were the little side show acts with the dogs. We ate and walked around the whole ballpark. It was also a great night because we got to share it with the Powers family.




I know it's blurry, but I thought they were so cute. They sure did get a lot of looks. They walked around the entire ballpark like this!



Powers Family

Sunday, we worked our booties off in the bookstore and Auntie Gaylene took care of Harlen the whole time while we were at church. Thanks Gaylene! She walked around with her, changed her and even took her into to the listen to the band play. What would we have done without you?! Why did I not get a picture of them? 

Monday, (Yes, I know it's not really part of the weekend, but when you stay at home, it kind of seems like it sometimes!) Grandma had a great idea to take H out to Grapevine to visit the Rainforest Cafe. H loved it! She loved, loved it! She loved every single part. The big animals, crocodiles, gorillas, the "rainstorm", and her favorite was this weird talking tree. She had a blast. Even passed out on gma while we were eating, because the excitement wore her out. We let her sleep in the stroller and gma and I did a little shopping. Great day. Thanks gma!!





Gma stuck her in a huge bin of stuffed gorillas. H was like whattt??

Then she loved it. As usual.


After all the excitement





No comments:

Post a Comment