Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sweaty, Stinky, and Just Plain Dirty = Summer Fun

I used to think things that made you sweat, or stink, or getting sunscreen all over you were gross. Couldn't wait to get home to shower the day off. I hated having chlorine in my hair and sunscreen on my skin. 

My tune has now changed. Now when I see my sweet baby asleep in her car seat, sweating, greasy sunscreen shining on her arms, knees all dirty from crawling everywhere, hair in a rat's nest because she had been in the pool too long, and even food on her clothes, I know that fun was had. That we played hard. That it was a good day. 
Now, it does help that I can count on the fact that when we walk in the door at home, her daddy takes one look (or sniff) at her and says "You need a bath. NOW." and to the bathroom they go. Still makes me smile to see her like that. I'm sure H doesn't get half as gross or smelly as a boy would (I'm working my way up to being ready for that.), but it sure is fun getting all dirty and smelly. :)
Today after playing hard at her play date. Then sweating her cute lil booty off in the car, thanks to the horrendous Texas heat.

See... so cute though. We had to loose the cute dress she had on because it was drenched in sweat.

After the splash park. She didn't even wake up for a diaper change, so we skipped a bath, even though she was pretty dirty. (We never skip her daily bath, so you know she was t.i.r.e.d.)

All sunscreened up and smellin' like chlorine!
But... here is a video of my squeaky clean girl, fresh out of the bath, practicing a game with mommy and daddy.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to blog on this crazy summer and how it's been hard on us, too. Yesterday, I had to pull over and strip him down to his diaper because he was drenched in sweat. And sitting rear-faced doesn't help either! Good grief, it is sooo sinkin' hot! Looking forward to cooler temps that's for sure!!! Keep cool, girls.

    ReplyDelete