About a month ago Garrett and I, okay just me :), started the list of everything we wanted to register for. I wanted to be organized so I didn't get overwhelmed. I had a list of about 30 necessities I knew I wanted. Then two weeks ago we decided to go to the first place to start registering. I brought my list to Buy Buy Baby and we got started. Let's just say... we were slightly overwhelmed. The lady assisting us told us that they have this binder of everything you "have" to have for a baby and to save us FIVE or SIX hours of time, we could just have her scan the whole book and it would automatically go to our registry. This is when I lost daddy. He had NO IDEA what he just got himself into! Now Garrett is good at most things, but patience is not a strong suit of his. They gave him the zapper gun to keep him entertained and we began. Five minutes later he is telling me, "We don't need to register for that...", "Why do we need that..." Can't we buy that on our own...". I was done! I tried my best to finish up everything on the list and only got about halfway done. We called it quits.
One thing we both really wanted to do while we were there was get Harlen's bassinet that we had picked out. We asked them to take it to the front for us so we could purchase it on the way out. When we got to the counter they say, "Okay here is your toddler bed, ready to go!" And Garrett proceeds to say "Yep, that's ours!." Wait, wait, wait, I don't have a toddler, I wanted a newborn bassinet. So after about 20 minutes frustratedly waiting at the counter trying to figure out just where this darn bassinet is, they inform us that it is back ordered and they will have to order us one. Unless of course we would like the pink and white version that they have in stock. Umm... no thank you. That thing was hideous! Just because she's a girl doesn't mean everything has to be bubble gum pink thank you! (2 weeks later and we still have not gotten the freaking thing.)
So... mom and I went back last week and fixed the registry. Somehow things that I asked him to scan didn't end up on the list, random things got on... it was a complete mess. Finally, we got everything done at Buy Buy Baby and even finished a Target registry as well. Don't know what we would do without Grandma. Poor Garrett was SO thrilled that he didn't have to help finish registering. (Oh daddy... you have no idea.) We even got some super cute little outfits that were on clearance because they are winter clothes! Adorable!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment